- Develop a culture that values students opportunity to learn and problem-solve independently.
- Create systems and routines that maintain an effective blended learning environment.
- Integrate digital curricula and flexible grouping environments to support student-centered instruction independently.
- Measure and analyze students’ academic performance using multiple offline and online data sources.
- Adopt technology solutions that improve the effectiveness of a blended learning environment.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define personalized learning, competency-based learning, and blended learning.
- Differentiate among the three terms and describe their relationship.
- Describe what each one looks like in the classroom and school levels.
- Identify the 5 phases of
- Examine the pros and cons of
- Describe the classroom models that are common in mplementation.
- Brainstorm how a shift to
At the conclusion of this training, participants will be able to:
- Draft a personalized definition of digital literacy.
- Construct a digital literacy plan.
- Explain digital safety and security.
- Utilize digital resources appropriately.
- Communicate and collaborate in the digital space.
Are you ready to transform your classroom into the optimum blended learning powerhouse of teaching and learning?
A Remixed classroom is a new or different version that is designed by changing or adding to the original model. This session will set the stage by defining blended learning, exploring implementation models, and researching tools and trends. Blended learning basics will lay the foundation to transition a classroom where teaching and learning focus directly on the lives, needs, interests, and goals of each student to help personalize learning. This type of environment moves the teacher from instructor to facilitator of learning.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast the traditional model to competency-based model of learning.
- Identify differentiated and timely support to provide each student flexibility.
- Discover what competency-based learning looks like from different perspectives.
- Explore what competency-based learning looks like in your school.